Your unique value proposition means through which you can communicate with your customers about what makes you better than others and why they should choose you over your competitors. It is a message that you send out to the customers and it should be such that can effectively permeate through whatever you do.
Your unique value proposition is that appealing and distinct idea that sets your business apart from your competitors. When creating your unique value proposition it is important that you have a clear idea of what your customers expect from your business. Through your value proposition you can clearly show your customers how your products and services can benefit them.
A unique value proposition:
- Guarantees to resolve a certain problem or accomplish a certain goal
- Clearly explains how your solution can benefit potential buyers
- Effectively identifies the quantifiable outcomes your customers can expect when they implement/buy your solution
- Clearly demonstrates that you have a good understanding of your target prospects, what they want to accomplish and where do the alternatives fall through
A compelling and solid unique value proposition is:
– Distinctive – It helps in distinguishing the value you’re offering vs. the value your customers can get elsewhere
– Distinctive – It helps in delivering quantifiable benefits and outcomes while providing the customers a reason to take immediate action
– Defendable – It helps in providing evidence to support the claims you make and decrease the buyer’s risk
– Sustainable – It can stand the test of time and can be delivered with consistency
There are infinite possibilities of creating a unique value proposition. Nevertheless, it is best to use a unique value proposition that addresses dramatically an evident void in the industry that you can efficiently fulfill and make your small business successful.
I’m going to talk more about it in the next blog of the series. Stay tuned!